Rent or buy? What is the best thing to do in the short term and long term?
Compare the options and see which one fits your needs best.
Crunch the numbers and take it from there.
We have learnt a huge amount about what really matters to those that rent properties and those that manage them. If you have ever thought the relationship is only one-sided we have learnt that it’s not as simple as that.
We’ve learnt that the best property managers see the tenant as being just as important if not more important than the landlord. A good property manager wants to create a world of happiness for the tenants, and harmony will follow.
Here are our top 5 reasons to rent:
- You can be very flexible where you live.
- Moving in and out of areas can be done swiftly.
- Saving for the house to buy can take years, years where that money can go into other things that give you more opportunity, like starting up a business.
- You can live in different settings, as a sole renter, in a house shared with others or a co-living place that are popping up around the UK.
- If your young and looking to make new friends and connections its so easily done within your housemates in either a rental or co-living space.
Here are our top 5 reasons to buy:
- You can do what you want to the house, live how you wish and no one will check up on you, which is good and bad as far as we have seen.
- You feel safer, as its your home and no one but the bank can take it away.
- The house you buy is very very personal to you, it’s a huge investment, so you will find that your house will be much more what “you want than what you rent.
- You will fit in to the tribe of house owners, you’ll understand what that means when you’re renting, there are things you just don’t get invited too.
- You have something you can spend you free cash on which can make you feel that you investing in.